Monday, November 13, 2006

You win some & you lose some...or not!



I went to the Jeannie Lottie Sample & Warehouse sale on the weekend..2 times in fact muahaha ^^ First time I went at 10am sharp yet I still had to line up to get inside (10 mins)!! Lots of crazy shoppers I tell ya. They were probably waiting since 9am cuz when I finally went in, there were SO MANY ppl crammed up in this lil warehouse space w/ boxes & boxes of shoes, accessories and.....SIGH! BAGS ^^

Btw, never mess w/ a crazy shopper. This lady w/ her teen daughter were there and they just kept picking up things everywhere. They kept pushing & stepping on the toes of this girl behind me & she kept complaining to her friend in Cantonese lol Anyhow some ppl ended up selecting so many purses they couldn't carry em! In the end, most ppl used a big box to carry the loot they wanted! Isn't it crazy? :) And cuz it was so crammed in there, other shoppers thought those boxes were inventory & began searching through it. Making the 'owners' go all predatory & agressive "HEY! THAT'S MYYYYY STUFF".

I had to line up for at least an hr just paying for my stuff! I bought 1 beige bag ($15), a black satin clutch w/ a bow for my friend Teresa's bday (shes going to an xmas party in dec it will be perfect), 2 purses (same thing) for angela & me (can't describe yet cuz its part of her xmas/bday thing). I also nearly bought a large black & brown hobo bag but i kept looking at it...& although it was a good price, the bag wasn't too classy looking & I ended up ditching it. Total damage the 1st time: $65. Reg price items ranged from $50-100 me thinks!

After that, I went to Oriental Center for the Miss Chinese Toronto Photoshow, where I met up w/ $10. We were gossiping & hung around for a while. I kept looking inside the ballot box to see who ppl voted for. Most of the votes were turned over (damn) but there were votes for #3, 12, & 6 (the only obvious threat).

$10 & I headed back to the warehouse. We stayed there for 1.5 hrs at least. My feet were killing me & this time there were a lot of Chinese aunties inside who have such.....accentric tastes (aka its cheap, won't use it but must buy! ). There was quite a bit of pushing, leaning & prob. budding. But at one pt I was nearly knocked over by someone & I had to say outloud "OMG AM I IN HONG KONG?", causing the lady to apologize, while another lady in front of me laughed. I bought a wool hat this time around. Original price was $48 while I got it for....$5 ^^ $10's total damage was roughly $100 ! But I will wait for her to post her experience ^^

So yes...you win some & you lose some. I got some great deals but I ended up losing my beloved cellphone !!! I think it somehow fell out of my bag :( I left my name, home number w/ the Jeannie Lottie staff in case they find it.......anyhow long story short, its been recovered!!! :) Thank you St. Anthony of Padua & staff of Jeanne Lottie!

0 comments:

 

Confessions of Shopaholics Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada