Sunday, September 13, 2009

Shopping galore...a very late entry


I know I know… I haven’t posted in a long time. It’s not cuz I haven’t shopped cuz I have… and a lot. Lots of great deals this summer ‘thanks’ to the economy lol

So where did my hard earned money go this past yr?…



BOARDGAMES
A good friend Miss C introduced some of us to some boardgames. Damn they are fun & obsessive. Settlers of Catan. It's also quite expensive when you start collecting this stuff. My pals bought me the Seafarers for my bday & I ended up buying the original (red) & cities & knights (green) myself ($39.99 ea).. Yes along w/ expansion pack ($19.99 ea)! Bought them at FGBradley at Fairview Mall. But I found another store that's selling it 'cheap'. 401 games in DT Toronto. close to $37 smth but expansion packs were still about the same price. But after you add in the ttc money It's prob. better at BGBradley. Another store in BC is also quite cheap. It will be delivered to your door. Starlit Citadel. Which reminds me, Miss C also introduced us to a game called Ticket to Ride (Marklin version). It's soooo fun!!! Love 'em & can't wait to play w/ ppl again. To tell you how obsessive I got, I bought the computer version of Catan but the comp ppl are quite silly. When you play w/ real ppl... your strategy for placing the first cities & road is very diff. lol lol Otherwise you will get smoked!


WEDDINGS

Went to three this summer. What’s w/ ppl nowadays I’m still waiting for the thank you card…Oh well at least I 'learned' smth at these weddings. Get a D.O.C (day of coordinator), communicate w/ ur MC to eliminate embarassing situations, plan/book early if you want certain things & much more!

SHOES

Please see photo for cost, etc. The Ferragamo shoes are surprisingly very comfortable! I walked in them for 2.5 hrs and they didn't hurt one bit! Very surprised.




TORONTO DOWNTOWN SHOPPING
Please see photos


LONDON/PARIS
Went to London/Paris in July for a week. It was great seeing Miss A again! We had sooo much fun & we went to a lot of places…walked till our feet killed (literally). I enjoyed London a great deal mostly because I was able to see some friends. The shopping was great too!!! :) On the right, just some hats I saw at John Lewis in London. They have a really cool selection of 'hats'... or fascinators... ^^





CARD MAKING
I took a class in August at Pointerscrapbooking. Pretty cool! It’s called Florence’s 10 cards in 3 hours. Class is $15 & materials $15. Everything you buy that day at the store is 25% off. Honestly it doesn’t take 3 hrs to make them…IT’S MUCH LONGER but pop in a dvd or two & it’s fine. You can only get the important things done in 3 hrs (stamping, borders, watercolour, etc.) but everything in the end needs to be completed at home. It’s great fun though. Gota say some cards took me at least 2 attempts because I was not used to some of the methods. & even though I’ve been making cards for the last yr or so I’m still slower than all the “old & fabulous” ladies. Need practice or card making steroids! I signed up for another class Sept 19th. I've been bored recently & also started on X'mas cards. Please see photo. I really enjoy doing the 'watercolor' w/ Tombow markers. I actually bought 'fan ban' Tombow markers at Currys Art Store & tried it out at the office. But it was not as good & you can't blend as well with the 'fan ban' Towbow markers. No wonder there was such a discrepancy in price....So I quickly returned it the same day (they don't refund markers, pens,etc.) telling them I accidentally grabbed the wrong pack & bought the original instead. I'm so bad...

EBAY
Bought some card making products used & new :) They were cheap!


3 DAY NEW YORK SHOPPING TOUR
Please see photo for prices :)








LULULEMON
Needed a pair of pants for exercising. So I got a pair of Lululemon Groove Pant. I looked last month at the Woodbury Lululemon outlet but the pants were a bit too thick I thought. Even though it was cheaper around $48-69 USD. Anyhow, the last time I bought a pair of pants at Lulu was about 2006. I still wear them today....almost everyday! Which is why I needed a new pair LMAO…If you've never tried lululemons on you'll never understand why some ppl would pay this ridiculous amount of $ for pants or yoga wear. Try it!! Very flattering. Anyhow, these ones are pretty cool compared to the one I bought in 2006. It’s a lighter material. The pants are also reversible (Grey) & there’s a little pocket at the front for keys! I noticed on the inside of the pocket it says “I belong to _____. Mobile _______ ” Come on. If you see a pair of Lulu that fits & doesn’t look like its in bad condition wouldn’t you keep it instead of returning it… lol Retail $ 98 CAD. I tried their tops today. But no luck! I think I will give up their tops…it just makes you feel bad unless you're stick thin to begin with.

JEANS
Got a pair of jeans at Holts. I never thought I’d buy anything there… Yea I really went there to use my stupid Amex card just to get the 10% off (first time purchase w/ the new card = 10% off smth regular price, excludes makeup!! Wow this is such a Confessions of a Shopaholic moment). I didn't like n e thing until....I tried on a pair of Paige Premium Denim jeans (bootcut) & it looked like it was custom made! I’m not kidding. I always cheap out in jeans. The cheapest pair I ever got was $9.99 but I digress. But these were really comfy & looked really good. I felt a few pounds lighter and most importantly, it hid the flaws hahahahha….$269.51 CAD. Yes please shoot me while I try to run & hide..... Was looking at shoes at Holts. They’re quite smart w/ the displays. Unless you’re Cinderella, you have to ask for the size. Nothing interesting in the purse dept. Saw a really pretty purple coach bag though.

TRISTANS
Also bought beige/light grey dress pants at Tristans for $19.99. Original $79!

Ok done for now... ^^

0 comments:

 

Confessions of Shopaholics Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada