
I took a day off work & went to Montreal to cover the Miss Universe Canada 2006 pageant for Critical Beauty with Fashionista. I took a plane instead as the duration was only an hr & since my driving attention span has decreased considerably the last yr it was safer to do so! I arrived at approximately 1pm & planned to meet Fashionista & a friend Julia at Montreal's Eaton Center around 4pm. Loads of time to kill but I had no idea Montreal (like Toronto) has an Eaton center & thought Julia was messing with me :)
The first store I hit was Simons :) It was sorta funny because the cab driver spoke in French "Eaton Center is big...where?" and I was thinking FARK! You're kidding right? I'm practically a tourist!...But I did recall Julia, Jimmy & Bernie saying Simons is the best store & its near Eaton Center so off I went. In between I was texting loads with Fashionista & Caroline (woo pageant talk).
At Simons, I tried on 2 satin evening gowns. One is tangerine & looks like the gown worn by Uma Thurman at the Golden Globes last yr (you know that lavender one?). The other was black & also similiar in design. It was priced at about $99. Not bad! It's a greattt store! If I had luggage, I prob. would've looked harder but I didn't because I have self control......LOL Honestly, I was just going to window shop in Montreal unless I saw smth to die for.
I also tried on a few other cocktail dresses at various stores. There was this place (Ailes a la mode?) that was selling everything for 50% off! Imagine...a gorgeous floor length flowy teal dress for $49??? What a deal! It was almost like Princess' borrowed Pat Mcdonnell dress! So flowy makes you look like you're on clouds !
I walked around for the longest time in my NW pewter heels (I was dressed & ready for MUC!), stopped for a cup of hot chocolate at a little cafe (so adorable!) & came across Zara, where I tried on a BLACK & WHITE V-NECK POLKADOT DRESS for $65. It was so cute & fits perfectly & it falls under my knees . Most dresses in Toronto are completely overpriced & they never fit right & it also looks like 'dancing dress'! They also have Zara back in Toronto but unfortunately, you'd never see anything you like in your size. I didnt' buy it on the spot but did so after I met up with Fashionista & Julia. Fashionista's exact words "It's so SJP!". Didn't realize it at first but somewhat true. It will pair up well w/ my Ninas from NYC lol How appropriate. We all hung out a bit until about 6pm as Julia had to return home. It was so nice seeing her again!
MUC was a blast! We had a 3 course meal (which was DELISH!) & free wine. We also met Natalie Glebova, Miss Universe Canada 2005 who hails from Toronto! My fav MU ever! LA SIGH..
NO MORE SHOPPING ! Checking out now & see you in a few months! :) Must save for ING DIRECT & other REAL investments.
0 comments:
Post a Comment