Saturday, March 18, 2006

Shopaholic takes Manhattan .... & Giorgio Armani ?


I haven't shopped for unnecessary things for 2 months! It's about time to splurge...as I planned a trip to Manhattan with Fashionista. And no...I will not talk about the story of how i surprised her at the airport & she screamed while the cops looked at us like we were on medication ^^

I can write much of the city that doesn't sleep, as we covered so much of it! On the first day, we visited the Empire State Building, which was 2 short blocks from our hotel (right next to Madison Square Garden!). At night, we went to Times Square (beautiful!) & shopped near the Herald Towers where I bought an IPEX from VS. It was also the first time we took the subway in NYC & lemme tell you how messed up it is compared to Toronto's transit lines. Throughout the entire trip, we were 'lost' at least three times! In Toronto, if you accidentally take the northbound (if ur planning on going south) you can easily get off the train & take the adjacent train across the platform. In NY? HUGE difference & I've never seen so many transit lines 'flying' across the map lol


Second day, Fashionista & I visited Madame Tussaud (celebrity wax museum) where we took a zillion photos & had dinner w/ George Clooney ^^ In the afternoon....we window shopped along 5th Ave. & 57th (?) street. It was around there that I purchased my first authentic designer handbag....COACH (Signature Demi Pouch) for $149 USD. I was deciding between the Pouch or just the Signature Demi but thought the Pouch was more me. In the afternoon, it was all about the Sex & the City Tour! The bus tour took us to places where the popular TV show filmed (ie: the "Friar" church, get lucky store (rabbit!), sat on Carrie's apartment stoop, cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery (the entire bus had to wait while I selfishly purchased more lol), Steve & Aidan's Scout bar (O'Neil) where we had cosmopolitans, Soho gallery where Charlotte worked, etc.). I believe I purchased another IPEX at VS $40 USD... among other things. It was also the 2nd day where my feet literally gave out on me as I'd worn 3.5" boots for the trip! I'd once told Princess "Even if there's a marathon, don't expect me to wear n e thing but heels". BADDDDD idea. I ended up getting cheap $15 black walking shoes (more about these later).

Third day, tour of the city & it was windy as heck! We covered Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty, NY Stock Exchange, Wall Street, Site of the World Trade Center, Chinatown, & Little Italy. Across the street from the Trade Center site was CENTURY 21 (discounted designer store)!! We spent a good no. of hrs there that by the time we left, it was already dark! lmao I purchased a pair of $49 USD CREAM SATIN PEEP TOE HEELS (Nina Footwear)..likely one of the most comfy heels I've had. To think I was done shopping after getting the heels? NOPE. They also had a cosmetics & accessories department!! At the perfume counters, I purchased an ESCADA PARADISE GIFTSET (includes 50ml perfume, 150 ml lotion, & hot pink n blue beach bag for $55 USD) & received a FREE MAKEUP BAG. FYI, Sephora was selling the perfume bottle for $50ish! Also bought black yoga pants for $11 USD. The accessories dept. was to die for....Kate Spade bags for $100 -200 range (I saw the smallest Kate Spade bag ever...it looked like a pencil case & costs $100 wtf?), Cole Hann for $85 +, & much more! At the end of the day, I was having a footache as the black walking shoes were KILLING me. There was some sort of cushion on the insides but by nightfall, each step I took hurt & I had to walk like a ballerina ><~~

Fourth day, we visited the famous central park (no central perk! ^^), quickly found the Bethesda Terrace fountain & hit the posh upper east side district around 5th Ave. again. This time however, we were looking for Jimmy Choo & Manolo Blahnik but were unsuccessful.Should've researched & written down the exact location but who knew the SATC tour wasn't going to drive by the famous shoe stores? Around lunch time, we went back to the Herald Towers area where I purchased an attractive YELLOW XOXO BAG at Strawberry & WHITE NYC SWEATSHIRT from a souvenir shop. Soon after, it was time to hit the airport & say farewell to NYC :(

Fashionista was scheduled to leave Toronto 2 days later. On her last day, our pal $10 drove us to Yorkdale Mall. Soon afterwards, Princess also joined us....at the Giorgio Armani makeup counter at Holt Renfrew where we were getting...MAKEOVERS ^^ !! We got a little overboard & spent 'a little'. Funny, during Fashionista's stay in Toronto, the only thing she'd purchased was ...NOT maple syrup or anything 'Canadian' but MAC Cosmetic makeup! lol Talk about stalking up! She bought at least 4 Green Boston Fern Mascara & foundation, lipgloss, etc. So ok back to Giorgio...I purchased foundation (Luminous Silk Foundation #4) to replace my 3 yr old Clinique foundation (ewwww), Smooth Silk Eye Pencil #3 (blue), Sheer Lipstick #14 (sooo silky), & Shine Lip Gloss #3.


So far, I love the items, but the foundation is clearly for those with dry/combo skin (unless u get matte). It's also light & creates a natural glow! I guess that's why Fashionista, $10 & I fell in love with it! But for Fashionista, the 'love' lasted all of 30 mins ^^

0 comments:

 

Confessions of Shopaholics Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada