So a few weeks ago I went to this open house at the York Public School Board in Vaughan (even more west than Vaughan Mills) and guess what I found in that area - a WINNERS! Man, I love those stores! The idea of digging for your own find is a very rewarding feeling to me. I went in and I was even more impressed that they have a very nice shoe section, where a demo pair are placed on the top shelf and then right underneath are a stack of shoeboxes of the same shoe in various sizes (if you visit the shoe section at Winners you would know why I am making such a big deal about this...) - I found this really cute pair of KILLAH shoes for $29.99! I at first I was guessing they were probably $50 but when I looked at the bottom of the shoe I was like OMG I just had to get them! Put aside the fact they they are Killah, they were leather, comfortable and cute! It is difficult enough to find a decent pair of shoes that costs way more than this price. I just had to get them. They were so cheap that when I ringed it up at the cashier the girl had to keep me waiting to double check the price! Who can blame her? That price is totally unbelieveable for a pair of Killahs!
Moving on, the next purchase I made was this Lise Watier Eyeshadow Dip which I would totally recommend! They just glide on and the colours are beautiful - I bought the green one first and then went back to get the blue one - I had to hunt them down by the time I went back to get a blue one. What I loved most about them? That I got them for FREE with my Optimum points! I don't think they are that expensive anyway - I believe it is about the price range as a MAC eyeshadow ($17 perhaps) - they work wonders when you only have 10 minutes to get ready and be out of the door!
As someone who proclaimed herself as the "bag lady," how could I have went on my few weeks without buying any bags? I have been eyeing on this chocolate brown leather tote for a while. The bag is made of this beautiful pebble grain leather, and with a simple timeless shape. The drop is even large enough to go over the shoulder! I have to admit, at $88 it actually wasn't expensive at all, but considering that it is the Gap and everything goes on sale in 3-4 weeks, I decided to wait it out. unfortunately no chocolate brown ones left (figures) but I did find this kelly green one for $39.99 (plus 10% off). I must say that the colour is growing on me - it gives an interesting twist to how I coordinate what to wear in the morning (yes, I coordinate around my bag). I have never had anything in this colour before, so it is an interesting change. I just have to be careful not to wear anything brown with the bag otherwise I would look like a tree. I did also bought this canvas tote (same style, but mine is white with blue stripes across it) on sale for $10.99 so that I can use it to carry my books to and from school.So at the end of April, I got this flyer for a warehouse sale (its still on until the 12th) - they have their sales every April/May and Nov/Dec. I haven't been to one of those in 2 years, so it might be nice to pay a visit last Friday. Good call! Everything was at least half off! Here are some examples:
- hair colouring kits are 3 for $10
- salon style hair care products 3 for $18
- designer (Gucci, Roverto Cavalli, Nike, Dior etc) sunglasses for $189 - $229
- Elizabeth Arden foundations and face powder for $9.99
- EA single eyeshadows for $3.99
- EA lipsticks and lipglosses for $7.79
They have almost the entire Elizabeth Arden makeup and skincare line and also all sorts of designer perfume Dior, Gucci, Escada, YSL, Versace, Burberry, Anna Sui - they must have at least 200 men's and women's fragrances there! I smelled so many samples that they ended up all smelling the same!
I looked at the packaging of the items and asked around - it turns out a lot of the stuff came from liquidators, and some were just from last season. Good enough for me! Sometimes I wonder if the stuff I buy at Holt's might have been in stock for just as long. Anyway-I ended up walking out of that place with the following items, plus a big dent in my wallet:
- Anna Sui Dolly Girl for $29 (reg. 60) - see above
- Anna Sui Ooh La Love $29 (reg. 60) - see above
- EA Smokey Eyes eyeliner in Midnight (navy) and Mulberry (copper brown) $7.99 each (reg. TBA) - see above
- EA Eyeshadow Quad for $15 (reg. $35) - see above
- EA Bronzer and Brush for $9.95 (I am just buying this just for the soft bristle brush)
- Jessica Simpson Dessert body shimmer in Juicy for $15 (reg. $48)
- Oral B electric toothbrush (looks almost the same except that the stand is smaller and the blue parts are grey) for $19 (reg TBA) - the toothbrush I would actually recommend - I used it for a few days and it does give you an extremely clean sensation on your teeth!
Anyway I think I have made this entry WAY too long.. I'll add the stuff I bought in Buffalo in my next one!





1 comments:
omgg great buysss :) now i wanna go to the gap LMAO they have a white one right?! i have to stay away from this blog LOL thanks $10!
Post a Comment