Saturday, December 17, 2005

Tis the season to be spending....falalalala la la la la


Oh lorddy....I've been bad since Nov - Dec. Too many purchases!!! What's a girl to do....

Last month, my gal pals & I hit the mall. We made our huge purchases at RW & Co. There, the teal colored wool winter coat I've been eyeing on all season was reduced from $200 CAD to $100. But get this...on that very day, every item in the store was 20% off ($80)!!! We couldn't believe our eyes & 2 of my pals ended up buying the exact coat & color but in diff. sizes. LOVE IT :) I also bought a teal colored skirt (reduced from $55 to $29.99)... Yes do you see my obession w/ teal & turquoise this yr? I also received a free scarf as the total purchase exceeded $100.

I'm not even going to talk about my purchases in Mexico though I did get a pair of really amazing pink seashell earrings ^^ I should've bought more things but there was too little time at the Cozumel port!

BOXING DAY
I met my gal pals for some boxing day shopping at Toronto's Eaton Center in DT. We were supposed to meet at the Christmas tree at the center of the mall....which btw was decorated w/ Swarovski crystals! However, my pals, who's arrived much earlier were still stuck at Buffalo (a store located outside the mall) as they apparently only had one cash register. Meanwhile ppl were waiting for at least an hr to purchase their items. At Buffalos, I sorta fell in love w/ a pair of suede turquoise heels w/ a narsty looking round toe. I've never been a fan of the round toe but after seeing the sale price for the heels I honestly didn't give a hoot :) Original price $76 Sale price $38 !!! SOLD! I even budded in line as my friends were still in line after I'd made my decision.

At Transit/Spring, 2 of my pals & I fell in love w/ a pair of pink suede knee length boots! We all bought them in sizes ranging from 7-9. :) Original price $70 Sale price $35. I also topped it off w/ a suede blue purse Original price $30 Sale price $15 !! One of my pals really wanted my purse. Unfortunately there was only one left & I was just too quick for her LOL. I told her she could borrow it though. Anyhow, the cashier asked if I needed any suede protector. It's obvious I was in need of it. But shoe stores often overcharge these items so I said no ^^

We hit Esprit next as it was next door. I found a knee-length black satin skirt for $21 ! It had a slight tail to it....reminded me of MWC05's brown satin skirt for one of her evening gowns except shorter :)

So what is the deal w/ me and suede this season? No clue! It just happened. Oh btw...my mother, who was visiting relatives w/ my dad bought me a brown suede jacket in the states!!!

That night, the 8 of us had dinner at the Pickle Barrel. I believe all of us ordered pastas. It was delicious!!! And the Bellini........was placed in the biggest cocktail glass I've ever seen & it was only $5.99! I'm def. taking Shoegal here when she visits next spring! We also had our secret santa & I received a gorgeous aqua MAC eyeshadow from one of my best friends ^^

Ok there's more. I'm still very guilty. I absolutely love sweaters from United Colors of Benneton. They are a tad pricy & hardly ever on sale esp for 30% off. They fit SO WELL & are ultra warm which works for us Torontonians who freeze to death during the bitter cold months. I purchased a light teal, yellow, off white, & turquoise/blue turtleneck.

I'm not looking fwd to my next visa bill. There'll be a dent for sure but is it worth it? Hell yes! There are only sales once. My shopping philosophy: If you love it, get it before its gone.

1 comments:

Confessions of ShopaholicS on 10:57 PM said...

Missologist...!! YOU yet again....have started on a new fashionable wardrobe! hehehe..well done...!! wow look at all those sweaters !! NICE NICE !!
^___^

 

Confessions of Shopaholics Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada